First days of school, how to make them more bearable? “The best way to make children good is to make them happy” -Oscar Wilde.
If it’s hard for us all to get back into the routine after a long summer, it’s normal for the little ones, who start school for the first time, to have a hard first few days. We parents also suffer because no one likes to leave their children crying. We must understand that they need an adaptation process and in a few days this situation will improve. How can we help them?
- It is good to explain to them what they are going to do, what their day will consist of and, above all, that later we will go and look for them.
- It is essential that they are rested, this will help them see everything more positive.
- Waking up in time to avoid the rush.
- It is preferable that the farewell be quick and never go back to say goodbye again or stay looking.
- Make them feel older because they go to school because they are already “older”.
- Let them take their favorite stuffed animal so that they feel more secure.
- Finally, you have to be patient, be affectionate and assume that the adaptation will take a few days.
I encourage with the first days